Submit your abstract HERE by 1 December 2018 at the latest.
Before submitting your abstract, please make sure to read carefully the guidelines below and make sure you have followed the given instructions. The decision on the abstracts will be sent by 21 January 2019.
Specific Guidelines for Research Paper Abstracts
All research papers should address ‘Questions we care about’. A Best Research Paper Prize will be awarded for the best question.
The ideal conceptual paper raises an interesting question, and through dealing with this question, arrives at a richer and possibly transformed challenge, which helps us perceive the question in a whole new way that we have not thought about before.
The ideal empirical paper formulates a question that needs to be researched and through the empirical analysis finds that the world may be much richer than we thought or might work in different ways than we thought, whereby we may need to ask different or new questions.
Abstracts should not exceed two (2) single-spaced pages, and may not exceed the maximum limit of 900 words. The author(s) name and information should NOT appear anywhere on the abstract. If you submit more than 2 abstracts, we will ask you to withdraw the additional abstracts.
Abstracts should include the following information:
- importance of the topic for entrepreneurship education research and/or practice
- questions, challenges and problems to be asked and addressed
- originality and newness of the approach
Abstracts should be structured under the following headings:
- Questions we care about (Objectives)
If a research paper abstract is deemed more appropriate for the Practitioner Development Workshops by reviewers, authors will be asked if they want to move their contribution to the PDW. If affirmative, they will then be required to follow the PDW format in submitting the full paper and preparing a workshop session for the conference.
Following the unique format of the conference, please note that all sessions, regardless of type, will be expected to follow the same guidelines:
- Unplugged – no power point or PC, but whiteboards and flipcharts are provided
- Discussion – Each session shall be no longer than 40 minutes (maximum 10 minute unplugged presentation and 30 minutes interactive Q&A/discussion)
- All papers and briefings provided for a session will be read by delegates in advance.